Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers – CDC has published these guidelines
To ensure continuity of operations of essential functions, CDC advises that critical infrastructure workers may be permitted to continue work following potential exposure to COVID-19, provided they remain asymptomatic and additional precautions are implemented to protect them and the community.
A potential exposure means being a household contact or having close contact within 6 feet of an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. The timeframe for having contact with an individual includes the period of time of 48 hours before the individual became symptomatic.
Critical Infrastructure workers who have had an exposure but remain asymptomatic should adhere to the following practices prior to and during their work shift:
- Pre-Screen: Employers should measure the employee’s temperature and assess symptoms prior to them starting work. Ideally, temperature checks should happen before the individual enters the facility.
- Regular Monitoring: As long as the employee doesn’t have a temperature or symptoms, they should self-monitor under the supervision of their employ-er’s occupational health program.
- Wear a Mask: The employee should wear a face mask at all times while in the workplace for 14 days after last exposure. Employers can issue facemasks or can approve employees’ supplied cloth face coverings in the event of shortages.
- Social Distance: The employee should maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace.
- Disinfect and Clean work spaces: Clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment routinely.
Alternate E Source is assisting in Compliance to CDC by providing easy to use technology
that is designed for the purpose of compliance
Help count persons
Keep social distancing
Check Air Quality
We released the KMS-TI smart sensor with compliance in mind. This device can assist in keeping people and employees safe. Device operate together to restrict people and allow passage when persons exist to automatically track persons.
Plug and Play – we also offer turn key deployment for your facility.
Inexpensive -designed to be an effective tool kit
Voice Response, audible alerting and Display Boards
To assist your safety measures – to assist your compliance with CDC and State and Federal Guidelines.